The official ACH Conference Schedule is available via Humanities Commons’ ACH2021 group [registration and login required] and in ConfTool [registration and login required]. A publicly available schedule (without Zoom links) may also be downloaded as a PDF file <download now>. All times are in the Central Time zone.
The ACH2021 Keynotes will be available to the public and livestreamed through YouTube.
The ACH 2021 conference provides a forum for conversations on an expansive definition of digital humanities in a broad array of subject areas, methods, and communities of practice. It is organized by the Association for Computers and the Humanities, the United States-based constituent organization in the Alliance for Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO).
ACH 2021 will take place online via Zoom on July 21-23 and is scheduled in U.S. Central Time. The official conference social media hashtag is #ach2021.
Welcome and How-To
- The conference will primarily be synchronous, with sessions held via Zoom, but there will also be asynchronous components — including posters and other installations, but also including post-Zoom session discussions — held on Humanities Commons.
- Links to Zoom-based sessions will be added to the schedule thirty minutes prior to the start of the conference session.
- We’ll be holding Zoom office hours during the week prior to the conference for presenters who wish to test their connections or presentations. Those sessions will be held at the following times; Zoom links have been shared with presenters via the email they registered with.
- Monday, July 12, 10-12 CST
- Wednesday, July 14, 2-4 CST
- Friday, July 16, 12-2 CST
- To access the conference group on Humanities Commons, be sure to create an account there as soon as possible. Instructions for account registration are available via the Humanities Commons support site. Once your account is active, go to the Groups listing, search for “ACH 2021,” and click “request membership.” We’ll confirm that you’ve registered for the conference and add you to the group before the conference begins. (Speakers, we’ll be adding you during the week before the conference, so please be sure to create your account soon!)
- If you run into trouble creating your Humanities Commons account, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- If you run into trouble with Zoom links for conference sessions, you can email email@example.com.
Those who are acting as chairs/moderators may view instructions specific to their duties on our Chair/Moderator Information page.
Getting Technical Assistance
Please visit the getting technical assistance page in Humanities Commons to get assistance with Zoom during the conference.
Code of Conduct
ACH is dedicated to creating a safe, respectful, and collegial conference environment for the benefit of everyone who attends and for the advancement of research and scholarship in fields supported by ACH. The ACH 2021 conference will be governed by the ACH Conference Code of Conduct. Please review the Code of Conduct and indicate your willingness to observe it when registering for the conference.
ACH strives to ensure that the conference is accessible for all participants. We will provide guidelines for accessibility of sessions to all accepted participants.
For those who might wish, you may download our opening session slides <download now> and closing session slides <download now>.
American Sign language interpreters and a closed-captionist will be available during the livestreamed plenary session.